Table of Contents
Are you wondering:
- What’s a LinkedIn mass messaging tool;
- Why do you need one;
- What to look for in a LinkedIn mass messaging tool to ensure you’ll get the optimal results?
In that case, you’ve come to the right place since we’ll provide you with all the essential information on LinkedIn mass messaging tools and explain why they’re a vital part of any serious LinkedIn outreach strategy.
- A LinkedIn mass messaging tool can help you automate your LinkedIn outreach and do it on a massive scale much faster than you could manually.
- Cloud-based tools are a better option due to their advanced technology and higher safety.
- A good LinkedIn mass messaging tool must include features that enable creating smart campaigns, ensure users’ safety, and offer hyper-personalization every step of the way.
- Sales Robot is a LinkedIn mass messaging tool that has all the vital functions you need for getting more leads, sales, and higher response and acceptance rates.
What Is A LinkedIn Mass Messaging Tool?
Let’s start at the very beginning - by explaining what a LinkedIn mass messaging tool exactly is.
Simply put, it’s a tool that can send LinkedIn messages faster and on a much bigger scale than any human could.
First-rate LinkedIn mass messaging tools are provided with sophisticated algorithms and cutting-edge AI that enable them to send a massive number of messages to a highly targeted audience much quicker than you could ever hope to achieve on your own.
Moreover, these tools automate the entire process of sending all sorts of messages - from connection requests to follow-ups and anything else you may need.
That will give you much more time to invest in things you can’t delegate to a tool, such as closing deals, drafting long-term outreach strategies, and providing your clients with top-notch products and services.
What Types Of LinkedIn Mass Messaging Tools Exist?
There are two main types of LinkedIn mass messaging tools:
- Browser extension tools
- Cloud-based tools
1. Browser extensions
Browser extensions are the cheaper of the two, but they come with a price of their own. They are nowhere near as safe as cloud-based software since you have to download and install them on your browser, leaving a code trace that LinkedIn bots can detect more easily. In addition, they work only while your device is turned on.
2. Cloud-based tools
Cloud-based tools, on the other hand, are a newer and more advanced type of LinkedIn mass messaging tools. They are generally safer, as there is little to no chance of them being detected by LinkedIn bots. Furthermore, they don’t require your device to run all the time for the tool to do its job, which means they can work 24/7 and won’t cause lags or glitches.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A LinkedIn Mass Messaging Tool?
LinkedIn currently has around 830 million members in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide, which makes it a genuine gold mine for finding the right leads for your services.
However, those numbers alone make it extremely difficult to do outreach on the scale without using some sort of technology.
LinkedIn mass messaging tools will help with several things, including:
- Saving Time.
- Doing Outreach On A Scale.
- Working Around LinkedIn Limits.
- Increasing Your Response Rate.
#1. Saving Time
Using a LinkedIn mass messaging tool that automates the entire process of engaging leads in conversations and warming them up for your final pitch will leave you with much more time on your hands.
Just imagine having to manually message each and every prospect you come across. And remember - every message must be personalized to resonate with each individual you contact if you want an actual reply.
A LinkedIn mass messaging tool will do all the heavy work for you, as you’ll be able to automate entire message sequences for optimal results.
That way, you’ll have more time for doing things you cannot delegate to a tool, no matter how advanced it is, such as:
- Building long-term sales and outreach strategies
- Creating lasting relationships with prospects
- Creating and posting meaningful content that helps raise your brand awareness, etc.
#2. Doing Outreach On A Scale.
As we said from the start, the #1 thing, you need a LinkedIn mass messaging tool for is doing outreach on a massive scale.
Could you do it manually?
Sure, you do, in theory, at least. However, it would take you months and maybe even years to accomplish things that a good LinkedIn mass messaging tool will do in a matter of weeks and days.
#3. Working Around LinkedIn Limits
Ever since LinkedIn introduced its connection request limits, they’ve been a pain in the neck of every LinkedIn-based marketer and salesperson.
An advanced LinkedIn mass messaging tool will inevitably include methods for bypassing those limits - by using email, InMail, group messaging, etc.
#4. Increasing Your Response Rate
If you play your cards well, using a LinkedIn mass messaging tool will skyrocket your response rate.
Namely, cutting-edge tools will include features such as hyper-personalization and options for warming up leads prior to actually contacting them, as we’ll shortly see.
All those features will make your prospects much more likely to respond to your messages, accept your connection requests, and in the end, be more open to listening to your proposal.
What Features Does A Good LinkedIn Mass Messaging Tool Need To Have?
There are lots of different LinkedIn tools out there. In fact, there are so many that it’s enough to make your head spin, especially when you don’t know what to look for in a tool.
That’s why we’ve listed several must-have features to help you find the LinkedIn mass messaging tool that will fit your needs like a glove and deliver optimal results.
- Data scraping.
- Creating automated campaigns.
- InMail Messaging.
- Safety Precautions.
One thing is sure - no one wants to see a generic message in their LinkedIn inbox.
There’s only one thing worse than being generic: being too pushy straight from the start.
That’s a sure way to put prospects off before they even have a chance to consider your product.
So, a good LinkedIn mass messaging tool needs to have personalization options.
That includes things like:
- Adding visuals to your message - Salesrobot, for example, has options for creating striking personalized GIFs and images via integration with Hyperise
- Finding and mentioning things that stand out the most from a particular lead’s profile, such as
- Experience with volunteering;
- Remarkable work experience;
- Top recommendations;
- Mutual connections.
Salesrobot’s latest generation AI can easily detect those things and craft a custom-tailored message accordingly.
That way, Salesrobot ensures that your leads feel like they’re talking to an actual person rather than software.
Furthermore, should you decide to write your own messages rather than use our pre-made, fully customizable templates, Salesrobot will calculate the probable response rate of those messages.
That way, Salesrobot can help adjust and modify whatever needs to be done to increase your chances of getting a response.
Here’s just one example of a connection request that’s been accepted thanks to Salesrobot and the conversation that followed.
And if you need more inspiration for writing kick-ass LinkedIn messages, we’ve written a piece on 10 winning LinkedIn message templates some time ago, so feel free to check it out.
#2. Data Scraping
No LinkedIn mass messaging tool can be called top-in-class unless it has a data enrichment option.
Without it, you’d have to search for necessary info manually or pay for additional data-scraping software.
Salesrobot has options for:
- Email enrichment means the tool will find and verify your prospects’ business email addresses effortlessly. Since Salesrobot has integrated data from a verified email address provided, the chances for a mismatch or difficulties in verification are reduced to a minimum
- Post and hashtag scraping - which means that Salesrobot can find all the users who’ve commented on a certain post or followed a hashtag and add them to a campaign
- Group scraping - Salesrobot will add all the members of a group you’re in a campaign of your choice.
In addition, there are other options you can include or exclude, such as targeting Premium accounts only, sending email connection requests, targeting only a certain degree of connections, etc.
It’s worth noting here that sending messages to fellow group members is one of the smoothest ways to bypass LinkedIn limits. You can send a virtually unlimited number of messages to those users without even being connected with them. Pretty cool, right?
Moreover, Salesrobot will ensure to randomize the number of messages it sends to group members from a range you set up.
This way, you can send more than 200 messages to group members in just one day, which amounts to a staggering 1400 leads you can reach out to in a single week.
Don’t take just our word for it.
Sign up for a 14-day free trial and see how Sales Robot can help you get thousands of SQLs each month.
#3. Creating Automated Campaigns
The whole point of using a tool for automating your LinkedIn outreach is to be able to draft entire campaigns that’ll work on autopilot.
For example, you could create smart sequences of events that will ensure you’ll get higher response and acceptance rates, such as:
- Warming up users before you contact them - this could include actions like viewing and following a profile before sending a connection request or liking their post before messaging them
- Following up with prospects - if you’ve already chatted with them or sent a connection request that was accepted, you could schedule sending them a follow-up message to prepare them for the real deal, i.e., your actual pitch.
Sales Robot allows you to set up elaborate multi-step campaigns for follow-ups and warm-ups alike.
For example, Sales Robot’s smart-sequence feature allows you to set up triggers and as many steps as your specific sales process demands to make sure you’ll never miss out on following up with a warm lead.
Once a lead responds, the automation will stop, allowing you to continue the conversation yourself.
You can also automate the whole process of warming your lead-up by adding some or all of the following steps in your campaign:
- Viewing a lead’s profile - that’s the very first step in showing interest while staying lowkey and not being obviously sales.
- Following them - this is pretty self-explanatory, as it’s another logical step in slowly building trust.
- Liking or commenting on their posts - no better way to meaningfully engage with their content than providing valuable feedback.
#4. InMail Messaging
InMail is a native LinkedIn feature included in its Premium, Sales Navigator, and Recruiter plans.
It’s quite a nifty thing to have when you use LinkedIn for outreach and prospecting for several reasons:
- They have an impressive response rate of 18-25% compared to the mere 3% of regular emails;
- They have a very high opening rate, as more than 50% of prospects open the InMails they receive;
- You can send them to people you’re not connected with, which means you can present your pitch even to users who are not your immediate connections.
The downside is that your subscription plan will get you a miserably small number of InMail messages you can send per month.
However, if a user has an Open Profile, meaning they’re a Premium user who’s enabled that feature, you can send a free InMail to them.
The concept of free InMail means that the message you send to an Open Profile won’t count as one of the credited InMail you get in your subscription plan.
You’ll recognize premium users by the golden badge next to their name, like in the image below.
This means that you can send as many InMails as you like to Open Profile users despite them not being your 1st-grade connections - which is another great way of working around LinkedIn limits.
Salesrobot offers options for targeting Open Profile users and sending personalized messages to them, so you can both find them and strike a chat with them in just one move.
That way, you won’t be wasting time manually checking if a lead has an Open Profile or not.
To do this, when creating a campaign, you first draft a highly-personalized message, which you can do from scratch or by using some of our ready-made templates.
Afterwards, you import the CSV file or a Sales Navigator search URL containing all your targeted leads.
And finally, you simply toggle the Send as InMail instead of connection request if it’s a free option, and you’re ready to go.
What’s more, there’s another, maybe even simpler, way of ensuring that Sales Robot sends a free InMail instead of a connection request whenever possible.
When drafting a connection request message, click the plus sign that reads Add variant.
After that, all it takes is enabling the Use free InMail option, and Sales Robot will automatically send a free InMail instead of a connection request whenever it comes across an Open Profile among your leads list.
That saves your InMail credit and the number of regular connection requests you can send while getting your pitch in front of many potential SQLs.
In addition, you can randomize the number of InMails sent daily and enable an option to gradually increase the number of InMails you send per day.
That’s how Sales Robot mimics normal human behaviour to perfection to avoid raising any LinkedIn flags.
And there isn’t a thing you can’t customize: from the maximum daily number of InMail requests to the number by which Sales Robot increases the requests and the frequency of increasing.
#5. Safety precautions
All your efforts will go to waste if you get restricted from LinkedIn, which can easily happen if your LinkedIn mass messaging tool doesn’t include options for taking care of your safety.
Namely, if LinkedIn detects any unwanted or prohibited practices (like blatant automation, spamming, etc.), you’ll get a ban from the platform.
Sales Robot makes sure that doesn’t happen, as it has a couple of aces up its sleeve.
Besides being cloud-based, which already makes it safe as it is, Sales Robot includes other measures to provide users with bulletproof safety:
- It has a Safety mode that ensures each user sends an optimal number of messages and requests according to their number of connections, average daily activity, time zones, working hours, etc.
- It randomizes activity, skips holidays and weekends, and makes delays between actions - that way, Sales Robot mimics regular human behaviour to perfection.
- It includes options for gradually increasing activity and setting up daily limits of various activities to avoid raising LinkedIn flags.
Conclusion to LinkedIn Massaging Tool
A LinkedIn mass messaging tool can be a powerful weapon in your outreach arsenal, provided you use it wisely.
To get optimal results - that is, more connections, replies, and ultimately sales - just make sure that your LinkedIn mass messaging tool of choice has all the features we’ve listed above.
One such tool is Sales Robot, a powerful cloud-based solution that offers all that functionality and more.
Wondering how Sales Robot can help you get more leads, connections, and sales?
Sign up for a free 14-day trial right now and find out firsthand! You don’t even have to provide your credit card information – just buckle up and enjoy the ride.
Get free leads for 14 days
Start generating high-quality leads in next 60 mins
(like our 3000+ users do)
Thoughts, Notes & Tutorials
Get free leads for 14 days
Start generating high-quality leads in next 60 mins
(like our 3000+ users do)