Table of Contents
Hey Sales fellow! You must be on the lookout for some insights into the latest sales software out there aka Salesgear?
Well, you don’t have to look any further than this comprehensive Salesgear review.
Today, we’ll talk about how you can expect to take your sales game to the next level with Salesgear’s sequencing capabilities and user-friendly interface.
Rather, let's dig into this Salesgear review to learn what we have found and what the users say about the tool.
We tried using the tool for lead generation for 6 months and also compared reviews across review sites such as G2. So, you can decide if it's the right fit for your sales outreach needs in 2023.
First of all, let’s take a moment to understand what the tool is about.
What is Salesgear and what is it useful for?
B2B sales teams can reach out to potential customers with Salesgear on emails, phone or LinkedIn. It’s an easy-to-use solution with multi-channel sequencing capabilities. It enables custom follow-ups and makes sure potential customers don’t ghost you.
In the next part, we’ll learn how to set the tool up for use.
How to set Salesgear up?
Here's how you can set it up:
- Sign up for Salesgear on their website and create an account.
- Connect your email and calendar to Salesgear to enable tracking of your email opens and clicks.
- Import your leads and contacts into the platform.
- Set up your pipeline stages and customize your sales process to fit your needs.
- Start tracking your deals, tasks, and activities within the platform.
Now that you’ve successfully set Salesgear up, we’ll find out about the good features of Salesgear.
Top Features that Users love in Salesgear
Salesgear rates at 4.8 stars out of 5 on G2. And they only have a few reviews on the website.
The following are the features that users appreciate about the tool:
Automation of Campaigns:
- The automation features of Salesgear are well-received by consumers.
- Users can lessen the requirement for manual labor by automating campaigns.
- This function makes it simple to extract open rates, tracking information, reports, etc.
- Customers appreciate the sequencing email feature in Salesgear.
- The interface is easy to learn, and the tool provides multiple options for improvement, such as good analytics and A/B testing.
- Creating sequences is straightforward and gives users peace of mind when preparing sales communication campaigns.
Single Place for Communication:
- Combining all communication in a single place is a crucial selling point of Salesgear.
- Users can keep track of all the sales-related interactions, which makes it simple to see how they are progressing.
- Utilizing many platforms and applications is made easier by this functionality, which also saves time.
- Customers have expressed their satisfaction with Salesgear's usability.
- The tool offers a range of features to increase sales productivity.
- Salesgear is simple to set up and use, making it an excellent option for sales engagement and productivity.
Responsive Customer Support:
- Another popular feature of Salesgear is its responsive customer support.
- The support provided by the Salesgear team is excellent and helps customers use the tool effectively.
- The team is prompt and available to resolve any issues customers face.
The features above are especially popular with users. But Salesgear offers other features that are worth mentioning too. In the next section, we'll learn about them.
What other features does Salesgear offer?
The following is the list of the things you can do with Salesgear:
- You can use pre-made templates or make your own for the sequences.
- With Salesgear, you can craft personalized and automated emails and follow-up messages that will help you connect with your prospects more effectively.
- Salesgear also offers an AI-writing tool for your emails, although it could improve.
- You can also create LinkedIn tasks to help you engage with your target audience.
- Salesgear's Dialer feature allows you to connect with your prospects faster. And you can buy a phone number through Salesgear or feed it.
Create more qualified leads for marketing teams:
- Use a custom sequence to nurture any leads who join up on your platform.
- Automate both your outgoing and inbound lead playbooks.
- Without going to the Salesgear website, log all activity to Hubspot and immediately add a contact to a sequence.
- Use a playbook that worked earlier to automate engaging with prospects with Salesgear.
Reporting and task management:
- All the team members need to know is how many phone calls and LinkedIn connections they need to make today.
- Next, you may onboard a new team member quickly.
- You would have access to reports with information on metrics like:
- Scheduled tasks for the day
- Completed tasks
- Email performance metrics
You can also set up triggers to keep track of interested prospects. You can set up triggers for the following actions:
- Contact created
- Contact updated
- Contact opted out
- Contact Bounced
- Email delivered to the contact
- Email opened by the contact
- Link clicked by the contact
And naturally as with any tool, Salesgear also comes with drawbacks.
Let's dive into the next section to discover what users find frustrating or what improvements they would like to see in the tool.
Salesgear Cons: Discover What Users Don't Like About This Tool
The following are the features that users disapprove:
Annoying email campaign interruption when the inbox is disconnected
- Salesgear can be frustrating because the email campaign stops working until the next stage date when we disconnect the inbox.
- This can be highly annoying as it can cause campaigns to halt abruptly and cause unnecessary delays.
- Also, users cannot download email logs for deeper analysis of their campaigns. This service is currently unavailable, which is a shame.
The user in this Salesgear review
✅ appreciates the automation features but
❌ needs help with inbox and email campaigns.
Limited search options for contacts within the sequence
- One of the most significant issues with Salesgear is that finding a contact within the sequence is hard. The only option available is to search by email address.
- It can lead to problems when you have many contacts and can't remember all their email addresses. It is suggested to "search by name" to make the process more efficient.
Limited contact data quality
- Although the contact data is primarily good, we've found that some contacts can be outdated.
- It can be problematic to rely on Salesgear to provide accurate and up-to-date contact information.
The user in the Salesgear review above finds
✅ the sequencing good but is
❌ unsatisfied with the database's inaccuracies.
Needs more improvement in integration front
- While Salesgear is a great tool overall, it needs more improvement in terms of integration.
- Some users have reported that they've experienced integration issues, which can be frustrating when you're trying to get work done efficiently.
Now that we've established the good and bad of Salesgear. It's time to judge the tool by its pricing plans.
How much does Salesgear cost?
Looking for Salesgear's pricing? Let me break it down for you:
Free: It's free, but don't get too excited. You only get 1 inbox and 3 sequences and can send up to 1,000 emails monthly.
Basic: For $15 a month, you get everything for Free plus 1 other inbox, the ability to send up to 10,000 emails a month, and access 10 sequences and templates. Still basic, if you ask me.
Pro: Now we're getting somewhere. For $55 a month, you get everything on Basic, but with 5 inboxes.
Also, the ability to send up to 50,000 emails a month, and unlimited sequences and templates. You get a dialer, AI writing assistant, A/B testing, and more.
Unlimited: If you want to go all-in, Unlimited is the way to go. For $79 a month, you get everything on Pro, but with unlimited inboxes.
And the ability to send up to 100,000 emails a month, and up to 25,000 contacts. Plus, you get priority support and unlimited email credits.
Enterprise: If you're a big shot and need more than what Unlimited offers, contact Salesgear for a quote.
They offer bulk purchasing, unlimited emails and contacts, and custom monthly phone numbers. No credit card is required, but this won't be cheap.
So, there you have it. Salesgear has plans for everyone, from the free user to the enterprise-level company. But, if you want the good stuff, you'll have to pay up.
And apparently the pricing has been an issue for some users. So, jump on to the next section for user reviews on G2 and its drawbacks.
Drawbacks of Salesgear
To recap the drawbacks of Salesgear from the Salesgear review, we have:
- Limited functionality on the free plan.
- Expensive pricing for advanced features.
- The steep learning curve for some users.
- Occasional software glitches and bugs.
- Limited integration options with third-party apps.
- Some features are not customizable.
- Limited reporting capabilities.
- Limited customer relationship management (CRM) functionality.
Moving on to the next section of the review where we have a tool that minimizes the drawbacks of Salesgear and that is *🥁* Salesrobot.
Salesrobot: The top Salesgear alternative for sales teams focused on LinkedIn
Salesrobot is a LinkedIn and Email sales outreach tool. It automates your outreach so that you can focus on selling rather outreaching prospects manually
- Salesrobot offers better integrations with the help of Zapier. These integrations smoothen out your outreach efforts.
- Salesrobot has a proven track record of keeping the email campaigns running smoothly without interrupting the sales team's outreach flow. It ensures a seamless and efficient sales process.
- Salesrobot also offers direct search options within the sequence unlike Salesgear.
- One of the best features of Salesrobot is that it has a smart configuration to secure your account.
- The amazing thing is Salesrobot uses LinkedIn messages, polls, InMails, and even groups for your prospecting needs.
- Hyper-personalization is another fantastic feature. You can tailor your messages according to your prospect's needs and interests.
- You can easily manage all your campaigns in Salesrobot's smart inbox.
- Salesrobot also offers constant and reliable customer service. And handy video-tutorials are provided for your convenience. You can check out the Salesrobot demo here.
- Salesrobot offers amazing customizable sequences. You can start a campaign and go on about it as you wish. If you want, you can:
- Add or remove a new prospect (or a list of prospects) to a campaign
- Track prospect's engagement with the campaigns
- Avoid prospect duplication and delete pending requests
- Automate Birthday and Anniversary wishes
- Personalize warm-up messages and templates
But wait! You must be wondering how much all these features cost, right? Let's find out.
What is Salesrobot’s pricing?
Salesrobot offers everything for $99 per month per account and you can avail 20% discount when billed annually. Again, it also offers a credit-card-free 14-day trial for everything it offers.
Conclusion: What have we learned in this Salesgear Review?
Well, we've finally come to the end of our Salesgear review. It's been a fun journey but we've learned much about this sales automation tool. To summarize, Salesgear has a lot going for it, but it's not perfect.
Let's start with the good news: Salesgear offers many great features that make sales outreach much more manageable. From email sequences to a speedy Dialer, Salesgear does it all. It's like having your sales buddy!
Also, what we have noticed over the past 12-18 months is that response rates on cold email have been declining. Average response rates on cold emails are 1%, while average response rate on LinkedIn is 7.5%.
This represents a 650% jump over cold emails.
The reason for this is that cold emails very often go to spam and since email is an old channel (Gmail came out in 2003!), it's oversaturated.
So, smart sales teams are choosing LinkedIn as their primary channel for outreach and generating qualified leads.
On LinkedIn, it's easier to get a response because prospects can see your face, where you work, your activity and that you're a real person. As opposed to email, where it's just another email in their inbox that they don't want.
That's why a number of sales teams are choosing Salesrobot over Salesgear as their sales engagement platform. Salesgear is a great product, with a few drawbacks, such as
- email campaign interruption,
- contact data quality,
- occasional software glitches, and
- pricing can be steep for some teams.
But in our opinion, the biggest drawback that's not obvious from reading reviews, is that it's focused on cold emails, which simply don't perform well anymore.
So in conclusion, if you are looking for a sales engagement platform that focuses on email, you can use Salesgear. Or if you're looking for a platform that really increases your sales pipeline, you should choose Salesrobot.
Get free leads for 14 days
Start generating high-quality leads in next 60 mins
(like our 3000+ users do)
Thoughts, Notes & Tutorials
Get free leads for 14 days
Start generating high-quality leads in next 60 mins
(like our 3000+ users do)