Table of Contents
So, you’re looking for the very best solution for your sales automation, and you’re wondering whether Lemlist will do the trick for you?
Or perhaps you’ve already given it a go and decided that it’s not your cup of tea?
Either way, you’re wondering where to begin and what tool can help you get more leads from cold email and LinkedIn.
If that’s the case, you’ve come to the right place, as we’ve delved real deep into some of the very best Lemlist alternatives to help you find the one that’s just right for you
Each of the tools that have made it on our list is there for a good reason, as each has certain features that make it perfect for a specific use case. That way, anyone can find something to their liking. 😉
When making the list of top Lemlist alternatives, we’ve considered all the vital bits, such as:
- Safety - as no one wants to risk getting their email inboxes and LinkedIn accounts banned;
- Options for safely bypassing LinkedIn limits : volume is king in cold outreach; more outreach volume = more leads so this option is a must have;
- Complete sequence automation - since automating entire campaigns makes your life and outreach a hell of a lot easier;
- Personalization options - as there’s nothing worse than being generic in your outreach;
- Email enrichment - having in-app email enrichment options obviously gives excellent leverage in cold email outreach campaigns;
- Email drip campaigns - if your outreach is focused primarily on cold email campaigns, this is a feature you’ll need;
- Pricing - because no one wants to waste hard-earned money.
And if you’re short on time, you can always skim through all the crucial bits in the nifty table below. 👇
Before we check out the alternatives in detail, let’s look at what Lemlist offers its users and where it frustrates them the most.
Lemlist - Overview
Lemlist is an all-in-one outbound marketing platform with a focus on cold email outreach.
This software offers solutions for creating automated email drip campaigns, personalizing email copy, providing high email deliverability, and has options for cold calls.
However, Lemlist is not without its faults, particularly when it comes to LinkedIn sales, as we’ll shortly see.
What’s good about Lemlist?
- Email domain warm-up – Lemlist offers a gradual campaign initiation, gradually raising the email volume to prospects. Its algorithms ensure seamless operations, preventing spam by managing conversations and rescuing emails from spam folders;
- Scheduling emails and setting up daily team limits - that way Lemlist prevents sending more than the desired number of emails and mimics human behavior;
- Allows team syncing, so all of the data is easily accessible and comprehensive to everyone in the team;
- Cold email templates database;
- Custom landing pages for every prospect.
This enables building multiple versions of an email thanks to placeholders that will be replaced with relevant data (e.g., first name, company, position, etc.) and short snippets of text that convey your message in slightly different ways.
The Liquid Syntax randomizes these snippets for each outgoing email, creating a new variant of the message so that no two leads can get the exact same message.
What’s not so good about Lemlist?
- Lemlist is significantly lacking in LinkedIn outreach – Lemlist was not primarily intended for LinkedIn outreach. However, some time ago, Lemlist devised a LinkedIn Chrome extension.
Given that it’s a browser extension, its use exposes you to a considerable risk of being detected and banned by LinkedIn. Moreover, you only get the extension if you opt for the most expensive pricing plan;
- The interface often glitches and is pretty unintuitive, making it hard for new users to get around;
- It doesn’t have an in-app email finder - it finds emails only through integration with other apps such as Dropcontact, meaning more costs for you.
Lemlist - Pricing
Lemlist has three pricing plans:
- Email warm-up at $59 per month;
- Sales engagement at $99 per month;
- For Agencies, contact Lemlist.
The prices are somewhat lower should you opt for annual billing. There’s also a special offer for lead gen agencies, but the exact amount is not disclosed on the official website.
If you are serious about acing your email outreach game, you’ll have to go for one of the two pricier plans. The basic one will leave you with next to nothing since all the vital tools for conducting a successful email campaign are omitted from it.
Moreover, suppose LinkedIn outreach is your primary intent. In that case, you’ll have to cash out the most expensive plan since it’s the only one that includes the Chrome extension you need for Lemlist’s LinkedIn automation.
On the upside, there’s a 14-day free trial, and you don’t have to provide your credit card information during that period. Essentially, you get a free ride for two weeks to test everything out and see for yourself whether Lemlist gets the job done for you.
Without a doubt, Lemlist is a great tool when it comes to cold email outreach, as it can automate entire email campaigns, and it offers convenient features for personalization and customization of email copy and landing pages.
Moreover, Lemlist can give you a hand with your overall outbound marketing as it has in-app options for cold calling prospects and features that enable your sales teams to collaborate on campaigns seamlessly.
And yet, if your primary concern is LinkedIn outreach and sales, it would be wiser to look for a solution elsewhere, as Lemlist simply doesn’t deliver when it comes to this.
The Chrome extension is nowhere near as safe as some other tools on our list, nor does it have any advanced automation capabilities you’d need for successful LinkedIn outreach.
In addition, Lemlist can automate LinkedIn outreach only through integration with other apps, such as Phantombuster or Dropcontact.
So, if your marketing campaigns revolve primarily around cold emails and LinkedIn outreach only comes second, Lemlist will shine at its brightest.
If, however, LinkedIn is your #1 platform of choice for sales outreach, then it would be best to go for some other tool from our list to stay on the safe side and achieve optimal results.
1. Salesrobot: Top Lemlist alternative for a safe and personalized LinkedIn outreach
On a side note, before we dive in – although Salesrobot is our growth hacking tool, we’ve rated it honestly and with no fishy business. We were as unbiased and fair in rating Salesrobot as we were with all the other software on our list to help you find the right one for you, even when it’s not us.
After all, our clients’ success is as important to us as our own, so we wouldn’t dream of promising something we can’t deliver.
Salesrobot is an automation software specifically designed for cold outreach on LinkedIn and email. It enables users to easily create elaborate campaigns that run on total autopilot.
As it has plenty of options for automating various activities, Salesrobot’s a perfect LinkedIn outreach tool for a wide range of users, from lead generation agencies to start-ups, sales teams, recruitment agencies, and individual small business owners.
What’s good about Salesrobot?
- Top-notch personalization options - with this software, you can effortlessly draft and send highly-personalized messages and connection requests in just a few clicks.
The tool uses that data for drafting a message so human-like that your leads will feel like they’re talking to an actual person rather than a software.
And if you decide to write your messages, rather than use the premade fully customizable templates, Salesrobot will calculate the probable response rate of those messages.
- Several foolproof methods of safely bypassing LinkedIn limits - which allow you to send more than 200 messages and connection requests per day. In addition to using email and InMail, Salesrobot can also send bulk messages to group members;
- Safety first - Salesrobot takes personal care of its users’ safety, as it mimics human activity almost to perfection. It achieves this by randomizing activity, skipping holidays and weekends, making delays between actions, and minding LinkedIn limits. You can even schedule and gradually increase your activity to avoid raising LinkedIn algorithm flags and set up daily limits for various activities.
- It has a smart Inbox to help manage all of your conversations in one place.
- Creating smart campaigns and message sequences – you can make them from scratch or use one of the ready-made templates that are fully customizable to fit every goal and purpose. The sequences are based on your lead’s behavior, so there’s no chance for embarrassing missteps, such as sending a follow-up even when the lead’s already answered your first message.
You can also set up triggers, delete pending invites, blacklist individuals and companies, skip duplicates, etc.
As Salesrobot’s interface is very intuitive, you will have no problem creating your own campaigns in no time. And as an added help, there are ready-made campaign templates to help you start and learn the ropes on the go;
What’s not so good about Salesrobot?
- The price – Salesrobot comes with three pricing plans for now. However, the value for your money is more than enough to justify the cost. After all, you get options for fully automating practically every activity you might need for getting a steady stream of warm leads and plenty of features that enable you to personalize each step of your outreach way, all the while staying 100% safe.
Salesrobot - Pricing
At the time being, Salesrobot has three pricing plans:
- The do-it-yourself plan for $99 per month
- The we’ll-do-it-for-you plan at $397 per month
- The we’ll-do-it-all-for-you plan at $497 per month
You also get an overall 50% discount if you pay for a year upfront!
Even though there’s only one do-it-yourself plan, it includes everything you may ever need from a LinkedIn automation tool and more.
Better yet - it’s perfect for teams of all sizes, as it allows easy integration and team collaboration.
And as it comes with a 14-day free trial, Salesrobot provides plenty of time to try everything out and decide for yourself whether Salesrobot’s the way to go.
Is Salesrobot the best Lemlist alternative for you?
If you’re looking for an actual LinkedIn outreach automation tool that will enable you to get a steady stream of warm leads on complete autopilot, you need to look no further than Salesrobot.
This tool’s options for creating smart campaigns that run all by themselves and can be fully customized to fit any user’s need is one of the things that makes Salesrobot a perfect alternative to Lemlist when it comes to LinkedIn outreach.
Moreover, Salesrobot takes care of your safety, by mimicking typical human behavior in various ways, such as delaying and randomizing activity, skipping certain holidays and weekends, and having in-app activity limits you can easily set up.
The fact that Salesrobot is cloud-based, unlike Lemlist, and provides its users with a Safe mode that’s available no matter what pricing plan you opt for is another huge plus.
In addition, Salesrobot’s latest generation AI is more than capable of crafting highly-personalized messages that are so human-like that there is no chance your prospects will figure out that they’ve been chatted up by software rather than an actual person.
And let’s not forget the one thing that’s crucial for most users – Salesrobot offers as many as three safe and efficient options for bypassing the dreaded LinkedIn limits that work like a charm.
So, if you want a LinkedIn-oriented sales automation platform that can create fully auto piloted campaigns that deliver a steady increase in sales + make bypassing LinkedIn limits a breeze while keeping you safe and sound – then Salesrobot is the best Lemlist alternative for you.
Why take our word for it? Sign up for a 14-day free trial and see what Salesrobot has to offer first-hand.
And there are no strings attached – we won’t ask you for your credit card info. 😉
2. Mailshake: Top Lemlist alternative for combining email outreach with basic LinkedIn automation
Mailshake is a tool for automating cold email outreach first and foremost, with additional options for in-app sales calls that come with the pricier plan.
Moreover, Mailshake has some elementary LinkedIn automation options, allowing users to combine email and LinkedIn outreach up to a point.
What’s good about Mailshake?
- It comes with an email writer AI - under the witty name of SHAKEspeare to help users write the best emails possible. The AI is powered by insights from many cold email campaigns, so the copy it offers is supposed to be tested and tried;
- It makes sure to warm up your email domain - you can set limits, delays, and schedule follow-ups to decrease the possibility of your email ending up in spam;
- It offers some basic options for automating parts of your LinkedIn outreach - unlike Lemlist, you don't have to download a Chrome extension to do this, but you do have to opt for the more expensive pricing plan. Moreover, the only LinkedIn automation options you get are viewing and following a profile and sending a message or a connection request, so there are no features that enable making complex campaigns.
What’s not so good about Mailshake?
- There are no email enrichment options - once again, you have to pay extra for another tool that can find your prospects’ email addresses for you. And if there’s one thing you cannot run an email campaign without, it’s email addresses, without a doubt;
- Unhelpful Customer Service - they are not really fond of answering user’s queries;
- Has very scarce options for personalizing emails - personalization is a must-have of any sales and marketing campaign, and cold email outreach is no exception. So when you can’t easily include personalized images, videos, or attachments, things are bound to get tricky for your outreach;
- No options for working around LinkedIn limits - if Linkedin is your main channel for cold outreach, Mailshake won’t do much for you. As the tool’s name suggests, Mailshake is primarily designed for helping you rock your cold email outreach, and it can also give a hand with cold sales calls. On the other hand, LinkedIn is not one of its strong points.
Mailshake - Pricing
Mailshake comes with two pricing plans under Engagement:
- Email Outreach at $59 per month;
- Sales Engagement at $83 per month.
The prices are somewhat lower when you opt for annual billing.
Mailshake comes with four pricing plans under Data Finder:
- Free: 50 credits / one month
- Starter: $49 / month
- Pro: $99 / month
- Enterprise: $249 /month
Naturally, the more expensive plan comes with more advanced features, including LinkedIn outreach, sales calls, call scripts, etc.
Interestingly, Mailshake doesn’t offer a free trial period to its users.
After all, nobody likes that many strings attached from the very start. 😅
Moving on to the potential reasons why you might wanna choose Mailshake over Lemlist.
Is Mailshake the best Lemlist alternative for you?
Mailshake and Lemlist have the same basic use case - that is, they’re both devised for helping users master cold email outreach and sales calls.
That being said, Mailshake outweighs Lemlist when it comes to LinkedIn outreach since it comes with slightly better options for automating it, and it’s somewhat safer as it’s not a Chrome extension.
However, when it comes to the personalization of emails, Mailshake is not as versatile as Lemlist, so that’s something to keep in mind when deciding.
On the other hand, Mailshake’s email-writer AI can significantly leverage creating engaging email copy that sells without paying for a copywriter.
Pricewise, both tools will cost you the exact same amount of money, the only difference being that Lemlist comes with an additional, cheaper plan at $29/mo.
So, suppose you need a tool similar to Lemlist in all aspects but slightly better when combining elementary LinkedIn outreach with cold email outbound marketing and sales. In that case, Mailshake is the best Lemlist alternative for you.
3. Phantombuster: Top Lemlist alternative for automation of any web-based activity
Phantombuster is not an automation tool created exclusively for LinkedIn. It covers many different social media and platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Craigslist, Medium, and many more.
Phantombuster enables you to automate practically any web action you would perform manually: from following profiles, liking and commenting on posts, and accepting requests to sending customized messages.
What’s good about Phantombuster?
- It can help automate entire campaigns on many different web platforms – by connecting individual Phantoms, that is, activities, into a chain or a Flow, you effectively create a campaign that carries on working on auto-pilot;
- It scrapes data – it can extract almost any information that’s available online and store it for your further use;
- It’s cloud-based – thanks to that, you can schedule your workflows, set triggers, and leave the rest to the tool, which works 24/7, without having to keep your device running all the time.
What’s not so good about Phantombuster?
- It’s not devised for LinkedIn alone – as such, it’s not as fine-tuned to LinkedIn requirements and restrictions as some other tools are. In fact, Phantombuster doesn’t even offer an option for working around the LinkedIn connection invite limitations, so you can send out just 100 invites per week by using this tool;
- A limited number of Phantom slots – the number of slots you get in a plan determines the number of automated activities you can simultaneously have installed on your account. That dramatically restricts your effective lead generation and outreach options, especially if you need more complicated, multi-step workflows for your campaigns.
- Time restriction – you get a limited number of hours per day during which Phantombuster performs. Of course, more expensive plans provide you with more working hours than the cheaper ones;
- Safety might be an issue - Phantombuster demands access to your cookies to log into LinkedIn as you. To be able to do that, you have to download a Chrome extension. That raises the question of safety and probably increases the risk of being detected by LinkedIn bots that do not look very favorably upon such tricks.
Phantombuster - Pricing
Phantombuster offers several pricing plans that include different features:
- Starter- $69 per month, with 5 slots, which means you can automate only five activities total, with a time limit of 20h per month;
- Pro - $159 per month, with 15 slots and 80h per month;
- Team - $439 per month, with 50 slots and 300h per month.
The pricier plans also include priority support and a dedicated expert in some instances.
Phantombuster also offers a 14-day free trial that comes with 5 slots and only 2 hours of activity per month, which is nowhere near enough time to actually test the product thoroughly.
The question lingers: Can Phantombuster truly emerge as the superior alternative to Lemlist for your needs? Let’s see.
Is Phantombuster the best Lemlist alternative for you?
Although Phantombuster isn’t a tool devised for LinkedIn outreach alone, its LinkedIn automation options by far outride anything Lemlist has to offer in that field.
Keep in mind that if you want to achieve the optimal results in LinkedIn sales, you’ll have to opt for some of the more expensive plans that provide you with more Phantom slots and more working time.
On the other hand, Phantombuster can scrape practically any data found on the web, so you won’t have to pay extra for an additional app for data scraping.
Moreover, Phantombuster allows you to create smart sequences and multi-step campaigns on LinkedIn and email drip campaigns, so you practically get an all-in-one tool that can automate virtually any web-based activity.
However, Phantombuster is more expensive than Lemlist and can’t help much with cold email personalization, nor does it include options for automated sales calls.
Essentially, if you’re keen on automating several web activities at once rather than focusing on cold email campaigns alone, the Phantombuster may very well be the optimal Lemlist alternative for you.
4. Snov.io: Top Lemlist alternative for scraping and verifying email addresses
Snov.io is a tool that offers various solutions for sales and outreach.
However, their email finder makes this software stand out from the rest, as it can discover and verify email addresses from virtually any place on the web.
Moreover, Snov.io has a special extension for LinkedIn alone, called LinkedIn Prospect Finder, that easily finds verified email addresses of LinkedIn-based prospects.
What’s good about Snov.io?
- It has an advanced LinkedIn email finder - this extension enables you to find any prospect’s email address on LinkedIn. The tool can scrape email addresses from individual profile pages, basic or Sales Navigator search results, as well as company pages;
- The email addresses on LinkedIn are pre-verified - that means that you don’t have to pay extra for an email verifier tool, as Snov.io’s LinkedIn extension includes verifying emails in addition to finding them. When an address is valid, you’ll see a green dot next to it.
- It has options for creating email drip campaigns and features that enable email personalization.
What’s not so good about Snov.io?
- It’s a browser extension - because of this, Snov.io is not one of the safest tools out there. In fact, there are timeout limits within the app you have to set manually to prevent being banned by LinkedIn. Should you forget to set these up, you’re in for a very nasty surprise, as LinkedIn will restrict you in a flash;
- Has a complicated interface - there are too many things you have to check and set manually, and the learning curve is pretty steep. Furthermore, the extension itself is rather challenging to install, as there are quite a few steps to it, and the entire process is nowhere near intuitive and seamless.
- Bad Customer Service;
Snov.io - Pricing
Snov.io has four plans for you to choose from.
And they are:
- Trial for $0 per month with 150 credits;
- Starter at $39 per month with 1000 credits;
- Pro at $99 per month with 50000 credits;
- Managed Service for established sales teams at $2999 per month.
While the investment is substantial for their services, Snov.io outshines Lemlist in several aspects.
Is Snov.io the best Lemlist alternative for you?
Although both Snov.io and Lemlist offer solutions for email outreach campaigns, Snov.io has a stark edge over Lemlist when it comes to finding and verifying email addresses from anywhere on the web.
Furthermore, Snov.io has an extension designed for LinkedIn alone that allows users to easily find verified email addresses of any prospect on LinkedIn - from their profile pages, LinkedIn search results, or company pages.
On the other hand, Snov.io can get a little tricky when it comes to safety since it is a browser extension that has no pre-set limits or safety features to keep users away from potential bans, so you have to mind your safety yourself.
However, if you’re looking for a tool that can automate email campaigns and at the same time easily extract prospects’ email addresses from any place on the web - including an extension that’s focused on scraping LinkedIn profiles alone - then Snov.io is the go-to Lemlist alternative for you.
5. Meet Alfred: Top Lemlist alternative for managing multichannel campaigns
Meet Alfred, previously known as Meet Leonard, is a tool that’s supposed to ease your lead generation process through automation.
Meet Alfred is different from other tools because it can tackle several social media at once, so it’s an excellent option for multi-channel campaigns.
What’s good about Meet Alfred?
- Excellent management of multi-channel campaigns, mainly if you aim to target several social media at once – it saves you valuable time it would take you to create each post manually. This way, you use one concept for everything from LinkedIn to, Twitter;
- Optimizing posts for LinkedIn – Meet Alfred takes notice of the needs and prerequisites of each of these media when creating a post and makes sure to show you a preview before posting it;
- Warm-up feature for both LinkedIn and email;
- Safety – it’s cloud-based, and it has options for setting up limits and mimicking human activity.
What’s not so good about Meet Alfred?
- Unsatisfactory user experience, as the interface is far too complex – moreover, there’s been a report of false reviews on certain platforms, which raises additional flags when it comes to UX and UI;
- It’s prone to crashing mid-task;
- It has multiple bugs with campaigns that render many of its neat features practically useless.
Meet Alfred - Pricing
Meet Alfred comes with four different pricing plans:
- Starter at $39 per month;
- Personal at $59 per month;
- Business at $89 per month;
- Enterprise at $345 per month.
When billed quarterly, you get a discount of 30%.
There’s also a 14-day free trial – no credit card info required.
But is it the best Lemlist alternative for you, let’s find out in the next section.
Is Meet Alfred the best Lemlist alternative for you?
Meet Alfred is a fantastic tool when you need a multi-channel campaign with the main focus on social media such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Creating versatile posts for every media is easy-peasy with but a few clicks, which saves you a lot of time, and that’s a feature Lemlist doesn’t offer.
However, although Meet Alfred has recently included some options for creating and managing cold email campaigns, it is only available for Gmail, G Suite, and Outlook users.
In addition, unlike Lemlist, Meet Alfred has no high-personalization functionalities for email copy.
All in all, if your primary goal is creating a presence on multiple social media at once and managing multi-channel campaigns with as little time and effort invested rather than focusing on email outreach alone, then Meet Alfred is the suitable Lemlist alternative for your business.
Deciding on the Best Lemlist Alternative: Which Suits You?
Before you go, take a look at all the key takeaways one more time, so you’ll be ready and set to decide on the best Lemlist alternative for you:
- If you want a Lemlist alternative that has very similar cold email outreach functionalities, with fewer options for email personalization but with slightly more advanced options for LinkedIn outreach, then your go-to tool is Mailshake;📨
- If you need a Lemlist alternative that can give you a hand with automating basically any web-based activity and scrape for data anywhere, anytime, the Phantombuster will do the trick for you;👻
- If you’re in search of a Lemlist alternative that can not only automate email outreach but also extract and verify email addresses from any place on the internet, with a special extension for scraping LinkedIn profiles and pages, then Snov.io won’t disappoint;🕵️
- If you’re on the lookout for a Lemlist alternative that can tackle as many social media at once as efficiently as possible, then Meet Alfred might be a suitable tool for you. Its functionalities will enable you to create and optimize posts for different platforms in but a few clicks;🤹
- And finally, if you’re keen on getting a Lemlist alternative that can fully automate - and personalize - your LinkedIn outreach, safely bypass LinkedIn limits, and create intricate multi-step sales & marketing campaigns, then you need look no further than Salesrobot.🤖
Wanna give Salesrobot a try?Sign up for a free 14-day trial right now and see for yourself whether Salesrobot’s a match. You don’t even have to provide your credit card information – just buckle up and enjoy the ride. 🚀
Get free leads for 14 days
Start generating high-quality leads in next 60 mins
(like our 3000+ users do)
Thoughts, Notes & Tutorials
Get free leads for 14 days
Start generating high-quality leads in next 60 mins
(like our 3000+ users do)